I am so glad that you were able to take a minute or two to yourself and check out my blog (even if it means you are hiding in the bathroom or a closet to do so)!
I’m Heather and I am a stay-at-home mom of two precious children.
My son is 13 years old and my daughter is 4 1/2 years old.
This is my husband and I. We have been married for almost 10 years now.
We have one other member of our family, who we cherish, our Chocolate Lab named Sabre.
A bit of my background:
I worked up until my son was around 4 years old.
My husband would work during the day and then I would leave shortly when he got home to go work for the evening.It got to the point where we were barely getting to spend any time with one another and I was never home to put my son to bed.
So, one day I sat down with my husband and asked him if it would be possible financially for me to stop working and stay home to raise our son. Thankfully, he said it was and I have been a stay-at-home mom ever since.
Why I started this blog:
While being a mom is extremely rewarding, it is also very difficult.
I found myself in desperate need of something for me.
As moms, we tend to spend all of our time taking care of others and forgetting ourselves in the process.Then when we do take some time for ourselves we end up feeling guilty for doing so.
I needed a creative outlet and a way to connect with other stay-at-home moms since it can be overwhelming and lonely.
Interesting facts about me:
- Six weeks after giving birth to my daughter I ended up in the hospital with gallstones and it later resulted in surgery to get my Gallbladder removed.
- I am an introvert and suffer from anxiety (this added with being a stay-at-home mom makes it very difficult to make friends!)
- I have to start each day with a cup of coffee and end each night with a cup of tea.
- When I actually have some time to myself I enjoy reading, playing video games, and watching videos on YouTube.
- My fears consist of heights (you won’t catch me skydiving!), tight spaces (I’m claustrophobic), and bugs (yuck!)
- I speak fluent Sarcasm 😉