What are you having for dinner tonight? You have no idea, do you? That’s because you didn’t meal plan for the week!
Meal planning is essential when you have a family.
If you don’t meal plan then you end up struggling and feeling stressed every night.
You have to listen to everyone complaining how hungry they are and then more than likely you end up getting take out.
There goes at least $20 that wasn’t necessary to spend.
Believe me, I know because I’ve been there.
Since becoming a family of 4 meal planning is a must.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please read my disclosure for more information.
If you would like some ideas for dinners, here is my meal plan for the week:
My Meal Plan for 1/11 – 1/17
- Zuppa Toscana (Tuscan Soup) – My family absolutely loves this recipe! Even my 4-year old daughter who is a picky eater devoured her entire bowl of soup!
- Garlic Tuscan Bread – We get this from the bakery at our local grocery store and it is SO good!
- Slow-Cooked Superior Meatloaf – This is a very easy recipe that I originally found on the box for Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- Mashed Potatoes – We used instant mashed potatoes to make it easier, but you can always make your own in the Instant Pot!
- Skinny Orange Chicken – The sauce was really good, but for some reason, the chicken came out a bit tough. I think it might be because I bought the chicken that was already diced. We plan on making it again, but use full chicken breasts and shred it.
- Riced Cauliflower – We use this to substitute for rice all of the time and love it!
- Turkey Taco Salad – Delicious! We will definitely make it again!
- French Toast Rollups – This ended up being a bit of a hassle to make at first, but ended up being worth it. The whole family gobbled them up, including my picky 4-year old!
- Lightened Up Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff – I cannot even remember the last time I had Beef Stroganoff. I am confident that it will be good since it is made in the Instant Pot. My son is super excited about this dinner!
- Bread & Butter
- Green Beans
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Pita Pizzas – The recipe is for Air Fryer Pepperoni Pita Pizzas, but you could change the toppings to be whatever you want. Looking forward to trying this on Friday!
- Weight Watchers No-Bake Scotcheroo Bars – These turned out to be really good and everyone in the family enjoyed them!
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie – I hadn’t expected a whole lot, but it ended up tasting so good! This is a must-have dessert for anyone who is a fan of peanut butter!
If you don’t meal plan already, then I highly suggest that you do. It makes life so much easier, especially when you are a mom.
I hope my meal plan for the week inspired you and gave you some ideas for your own meal plan.
Let me know if you try out any of the recipes that I have mentioned!
What are some of your favorite dinner recipes?
12 thoughts on “Meal Plan for the Week: 7 Great Dinner Ideas”
Love these meal planning suggestions I have a very picky eater so I’m excited to try some of these.
We always eat so much better when I meal plan and actually get the groceries to make the meals.
I always have so much trouble coming up with ideas for meals throughout the week. Thanks for sharing some ideas and tips. I really need to get better at meal planning.
My family meal preps and we are always on the hunt for delicious healthy foods. I’m eager to try your recommendations, especially the meatloaf. I have one that we love, but it’s made in the oven.
So many great recipe ideas! My girls would really love the french toast roll-ups for dinner.
I am terrible for meal planning. Love the variety you’ve gone for this week.
I am a very lazy mom in terms of thinking what to give for lunch or dinner. Thanks for giving the options we all can make. I l definitely try these .
What a great list! I’m always struggling to come up with family friendly meal ideas so I appreciate you sharing. Going to save for later ❤️
I always struggle with meal planning but between the french toast roll ups and the beef stroganoff… so yummy!
Great post. I’m always looking for new ideas to plan my food week to reduce food waste and save myself some time.
Meal planning is so important for reducing stress and chaos! I usually know exactly what I’m making for dinner on the nights that we’re eating in; otherwise, everyone gets hungry and cranky – especially mom, and NO ONE wants that!
Love this weekly meal plan! I’m going to incorporate it with my family for next week! Thanks!